I hate to admit it, but even the most seasoned travellers get over having to share a bedroom with 13 other people sometimes. Don’t get me wrong, I do love the hostel life; its’ great to be able to meet so many different people and to actually be able to afford to travel and see the world but there does come a point in time when you just need a guaranteed hot shower, a warm cosy bed and to not have to worry about whether your valuables will make it through the night (it also means you can sleep naked, booyah). So when I do get to stay in hotels, boy do I do it well…I’m talking ocean view, romantic packages and of course breakfast included. Just like the hostels I stay in, I endeavour to find the funkiest and most reputable hotels to ensure that every part of me is happy with making the bold move to spend as much as I would on a week’s accommodation for one night in ultimate luxury.
After a month of intense travels, a 24-hour journey home and not having seen James since I left on the 13th of January, I couldn’t have pictured a better way to spend our first night back together than with a stay at QT Gold Coast. From the open and stylish interiors of the lobby to the bubbly and bright staff members that made you feel like you were right at home, the experience was nothing short of amazing and sure did make some killer first impressions. So here are my 5 top reasons as to why QT Gold Coast is your one stop shop for your accommodation for your next beach vacay!
- We were able to check in at 9am and check out at 12pm all FREE OF CHARGE. You ask how this is possible? Well, we simply just called up on the morning of check in and voila, room was all ready to rumble, no fine print at all. I am sure that this would vary depending on how busy the hotel is, but what an incredible way to get the very most out of our limited time. What made it even better was that the staff were more than happy to go the extra mile to make this happen, making us feel welcomed and looked after from the get go.We stayed in the Ocean View Twin room which was perfect. Everything was so plush, clean and felt uber fresh. I am surprised I managed to snag a quick photo of it before James jumped on it!
- The food. Hoooooly smokes. Their dinner and breakfast spread is out of this world and you can usually snag some great value with their ‘bed and breakfast’ deal. Feast your eyes for them when you are booking as I am sure you will not regret it when you are 3 plates deep and going in for your 4th. Although I didn’t have dinner this time round, I have experienced the culinary evening delights prior to my stay and am positive that it will send you into a food overdrive. They cater for all, with a strong emphasis on vegetarian and gluten free diets and have plenty of healthy food options like chia seed puddings, freshly squeezed juices and a cook to order omelette station for breakfast. With this in mind, they do also have those guilty pleasures like bottomless choccy milk, waffles, pancakes and dozens of French pastries.
- The Romantic Package. Remember how I said that I don’t go easy when booking a hotel? Well, this is one of the reasons why. For just a small price, we were able to add on the Romantic Getaway package which is available for weekend stays. With this, you get chocolates, champagne (I’m talking a full bottle, not just two glasses), robes to keep and that winning breakfast all included. The price difference will vary depending on demand, but we paid just $40 extra, which is such a steal when the breakfast alone is $32 per person!
- The superb location. Although it may not be beach front, QT is situated just a 2-minute walk to the beach, making it super accessible for those morning sunrise walks. It has the proximity of Surfers Paradise only being a 10-minute walk away whilst giving you that little bit of peace and quiet that you find when staying in a top notch hotel. The beach is just as sublime as the hotel and is supervised by life savers making it safe for all. With the help of a little bit of zoom, this was the view from our balcony. We ended up bringing fish and chips back to the room and sat outside watching the waves tumble upon each other.
- The quality and designs of not just the room but the whole hotel, even the lifts! QT prides itself on its quirky yet stylish and modern designs, and this sure does come alive as soon as you step foot into the lobby. From the brightly coloured décor and abstract art to the vintage dressed and very enthusiastic staff members, QT hits you with all the feels to bring you back in time. The room’s mini bar stretches to include portion size Mumm Champagne, sunscreen; because slip, slop, slap and games like dominoes and matchsticks for those cosy nights in. There really is something for everybody! I couldn’t think of a better way to wake up, than to wake up to the sun rising over the ocean. How beautiful is this?! So worth the extra money for an Ocean View. These danishes were unreal. It felt like I was in a French Patisserie not a hotel buffet breakfast! This was our little platter included in our Romantic Package. The only thing to fault was that there was only ONE STRAWBERRY. Who on earth wants to share a white chocolate dipped strawberry?!? Okay I sincerely apologise for not putting in the effort to frame this photograph of my breakfast but I was so hungry! Featuring quite possibly the best scrambled eggs ever (sorry Mum), homemade tomato relish, vegetarian hash browns, creamy mushrooms, dark rye toast and a perfectly poached egg. This went down like a treat! The lobby’s decor went as far as hundreds of colourful lollies in a humongous jars. You can eat them right?!
I was so hesitant on leaving QT and am definitely going to be a hotel snob after staying here – I couldn’t fault an absolute thing! If you are heading to the Gold Coast for a romantic getaway, family vacay, girls weekend or anything in between, QT has it all sorted for you. You can head to https://www.qthotelsandresorts.com to book your stay now, I am 110% positive that you will not regret it.All the love in the world,